Saturday, October 26, 2013

Traumatic and Life Changing Events

Like all of you, I have experienced life changing events in my life.  I originally started thinking about this because four years ago today my family's home burned down.  At the time I was home with my three children ages 2 years and 4 months.  Also with me that afternoon was my sister in law, her two children and my two small dogs.  My husband was away on business at the time. Thankfully everyone got out safe.

This event as well as other major events in my life have shaped who I am and how I conduct my life.  Perhaps this is why I like to write and read romance novels.  I am able to shape my characters and the life events that make them who they are.  At the same time, I am able to assure that my characters reach their happily ever after by the end of the novel.

In real life not everything results in a happy ending. Yet, no matter what events we face, we all have two choices.  We can either let them weaken us or we can overcome them and become stronger.  I hope all of you are like me and use what ever obstacles that fall in our path to become stronger people.

No comments:

Post a Comment