Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sometimes Love Spans Time




The Rock Star Next Door
By: Lilly Silver
Date Published: September 2012
Pages: 288
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Reviewed By: Christina Tetreault www.christinatetreault.com
Rating: (1-5)  5


Summary:

Jessica Kelly is an upcoming rock star living in Malibu, California with her band which consists of her twin brother Jack, and her good friends Steve, Kyra, and Darrell. While the band has made it in the rock world all is not well among the band members as jealousy, drugs and their pasts threaten to tear them apart. Living next door to Jessica and the band is legendary rocker Lex Coltrane, who is the combination of a young Adrian Paul and Jon Bon Jovi all wrapped up in one neat little package. Although Lex is about 10 years older than Jessica he is drawn to her the first time he sees her walking her dog along the beach. A strong believer in reincarnation, Lex believes that he and Jessica were lovers in a previous life and that she is his soul mate.


As Jessica and Lex explore the passion between them, Jessica's past and family try to pull them apart.


My Thoughts:

The title of this book immediately grabbed my attention and I was not disappointed at any point. The story drew me in and kept me interested throughout. I felt as if I got to know Jessica, Lex and her brother Jack on a personal level. I could clearly see them and feel the emotions that they were struggling with. The author did an excellent job of making the environment the characters lived in seem real. She didn't try to ignore the fact that many rock stars get hooked on drugs and alcohol. If she had ignored that component the story wouldn't have read as true. And while the author did incorporate the idea of reincarnation into the story, it did not over shadow the present day romance or the realistic struggles all the characters faced.


Overall opinion

I really enjoyed this book. It was the perfect escape read for me. After all who wouldn't want a drop dead gorgeous rock and roll star absolutely and totally in love with you. Especially when the guy is a sweet and caring at Lex. I would recommend that anyone who enjoys a modern day fairy tale pick up a copy of this book. I don't think they will be disappointed. In fact I hope the author does a sequel to this book. I would love to see what happens to Jack. He deserves a happy ending too.


No comments:

Post a Comment