Thursday, June 14, 2012

Writing is a Journey

I read somewhere today that writing is a journey and I believe this is true.  I began writing my first story at the age of 10 using my grandmother's manual typewriter.  I would work until my fingers were either to sore to work anymore, I ran out of paper, or the ribbon dried up.  Over the years my method of getting the words on the paper has changed and so hasn't my storytelling ability.  With each story I write, I feel like my skills improve.  Writing is one of those things where the learning and improving never stops.  While I believe I am a good story teller now, I know that I will continue to grow and learn new ways to develop my plots and characters.  I don't know where the journey will take me in the end.  I hope it leads me to all my goals, but who knows in this crazy unpredictable world of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment