Tuesday, March 18, 2014

#TeaserTuesday It is that time of week again.

Once again it is Teaser Tuesday. Here is a snippet from my newest release The Courage To Love

When they approached a bench outside a McDonald’s, Mia’s pace slowed. “I need to sit. My feet are killing me,” she grumbled as she dropped down onto the wooden bench.
Told-you-so sat on the tip of his tongue, and if it had been his sister next to him, he wouldn’t have hesitated. Instead, he pressed his lips together and sat down next to her. Tipping back his head, Sean searched the night sky for constellations. A night like this was perfect for locating familiar patterns, something he had not done in a long time.
“Thanks for not saying, ‘I told you so.’ ”
Sean turned his gaze away from the stars above to the one seated next to him. “I don’t know you well enough.” Bathed in the moonlight, she took on an incandescent look, a living angel on earth.
“I’d like to do something about that.” Mia ran her finger along the side of his face starting with the scar and ending below his lower lip. “I’ll be in North Salem for a little longer.”
Her touch remained feather light, yet it reached inside him and pulled at something more than pure physical desire. Before he could answer, she leaned in and kissed him. A soft sweet kiss. She pulled away before he could fully enjoy the feel of her lips against his.
“What do you say?”
What did he say? He’d be a goddamn idiot if he said no. One of the world’s sexiest women sat next to him and she wanted to start something up. “I’m game.” Only after answering did he realize how crass he sounded, but it was too late to take back the words.
“Good.” With that simple reply, she leaned in to kiss him again.









No comments:

Post a Comment