Sunday, May 26, 2013

Stress and Writing Part 2

Well, the house has official been on the market for a little over a week.  On the bright side the house looks wonderful.  I have not seen it look this nice since after it was built and we moved in.  On the down side we have only had 2 showings so far and no offers.  How is my stress level?  On a scale of 1 to 10 it is about a 20.

But while the stress is giving me headaches, upset stomachs, and a very short temper, it has not made to much of an impact on my writing so far as I feared it would.  I am the type of writer who needs to write at least a little every day close to every day.  If I let to many days go between work, I fall to far out of the story.  I learned that a long time ago about myself. 

I really feared that all this stress would make it impossible for me to work at night.  Thankfully though over the past 9 days, I have only skipped writing on 3 different occasions and those days never fell in a row.  What strategies am I using?  For me I keep reminding myself, that I need to get the story out of my head otherwise it just sits and distracts me.  I also remind myself that readers are waiting for book 4, and I do not want to let them down.  Finally, I continue to hit the gym about twice a week.  I find a good hour of exercise does wonders for my stress levels.

Will I be able to keep that up if the stress continues?  I don't know, but I guess I will find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment