Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Next Big Thing


First, I would like to thank Lily Silver for tagging me to do a post on The Next Big Thing Blog Hop. Lily is a writer of both contemporary romance as well as historical romance. I have her two books Dark Hero and The Rock Star Next Door. In Lily's post last week on her blog http://romancinghistorylove.blogspot.com/ she told us all about her next release Bright Scoundrel which comes out this month. I know when it does I will be picking it up.

Now onto some information about my next release, Book 3 in The Sherbrookes of Newport Series.

What is the title of your next book?

My next release will be Book 3 in my series titled The Sherbrookes of Newport. As of yet I do not have a set title for this book. With the 2nd book in the series I asked for readers to help me settle on a title, I will most likely do that again.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

I first introduced Sara Sherbrooke to readers in book 1, The Teacher's Billionaire. After I finished that book, I realized that I wanted to know more about her. Why did she act the way she did. Had someone hurt her in the past? The hero in my next book Christopher Hall was introduced to readers in book 2 The Billionaire Playboy. Almost as soon as I wrote him, I knew that he was the man for Sara and hence a new idea was born.

What genre does your book fall under?

My book is a contemporary romance.


Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

If a movie was ever made of Book 3,Sara Sherbrooke would be played by Rosamund Pike and Christopher Hall would be played by Bradley Cooper.





What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Burned by love before Sara Sherbrooke must learn to overcome her fears and open her heart again.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

This book like the first two in the series will be self-published. I started the first draft of the story in September of 2012 and then at the beginning of October I decided I did not like where it was going so I started over. As of today I am a few chapters short of finishing the first draft.


What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I can not think of one specific book, but I would compare it to some of the other contemporary romance series out there.


Who or What inspired you to write this book?


I can not say that one thing inspired me to write this book, however, the gorgeous mansions in Newport Rhode Island provided me with inspiration for this series. I grew up in Rhode Island and actually got married inside one of these mansions. I have always adored them. They are simply breathtaking. 
 
What else about your book might pique the reader interest?

In this book readers get to visit with Dylan, Callie, Jake, and Charlotte again, however even if one does not read the first two books the third should still make sense to them.  But for those that did read books 1 and 2, they will be able to see how Callie and Sara's relationship finally ends up.




Now it's time to pass the torch to some deserving authors so they can tell you about their amazing work. There posts will be live on or around December 9th. Please be sure to visit:








3 comments:

  1. Hi Christina,
    I'm drooling over your movie star pic for Christopher Hall. Bradley Cooper, OMG. So hot.

    I'm looking forward to getting to know Sara a little better. She was not so sweet in the first book with Callie. It should be interesting.

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, great choice for Christopher. :) Have you ever seen The A-Team? I enjoyed that movie for many reasons-one of the top being Bradley Cooper.

    Sounds like a great series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post! It's always fun to look at gorgeous houses, especially this time of the year with the Christmas lights!

    ReplyDelete